The Key Is Prevention
The security of your financial information is very important to us at Southeast National Bank. By following these tips for telephone, mobile, or online banking, you can safeguard your personal information and help prevent scams from impacting you.
- Do not use an obvious password, such as birth dates, mother's maiden name, a pet's name or the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- Change your password every 90 days.
- Do not give out personal information on the telephone, through e-mail or over the internet
- unless you know with whom you are dealing.
- Protect your Social Security Number. Only give it out if it is necessary or ask to use another identifier.
- Keep your personal information in a secure place at home.
- Shred all financial documents and paperwork before discarding them.
- Never click on links sent in unsolicited e-mails.
- Keep you anti-virus and anti-spyware software up-to-date.
- Monitor your bank statements regularly and notify Southeast National Bank immediately when you discover a potentially fraudulent transaction.