To comply with efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19, SENB Bank lobbies have temporarily closed until further notice. DRIVE-THRU BANKING WILL CONTINUE TO BE AVAILABLE.
Our leadership team has well-developed plans to safely and capably handle the needs of our customers. We are following the Business Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist issued by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). This includes reinforcing these agencies’ recommendations on the appropriate health and safety measures with our SENB team members, and we have contracted for additional cleaning and sanitation services to ensure the most stringent standards are being met.
In addition to using our drive-thru lanes, here are some additional strategies for uninterrupted access to SENB Bank services:
1. Take advantage of Free Online Banking and Free Online Bill Pay. Sign up at senb.com
2. Download and use the Free SENB Bank Mobile Banking app. With Mobile Banking, you can even deposit checks without going to the bank. Simply use the camera on your smart phone to capture the check image and click “Deposit.” The SENB Bank Mobile app is available for Android, iPhone and iPad devices (links below).
3. Avoid handling cash or a physical debit card when making transactions by using touchless payment with your smartphone’s mobile wallet app. Load your SENB Bank debit card information into the Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay app on your mobile device.
4. Use SENB’s uOpen feature to open a deposit account online.
5. You can apply online for most types of loans, including mortgages, at senb.com.
6. Access to safe deposit boxes, and access to your banker for immediate needs requiring an in-person visit are available by appointment.
During any time of uncertainty, it’s common to see a spike in fraud. Please remember that you shouldn’t click on any links or attachments from someone you don’t know. Also, carefully review all incoming email addresses as fraudsters may be posing as business associates working remotely from a different email address. For more information on Coronavirus scams, please visit the Federal Trade Commission website.
If you have questions or concerns, please call us at (309) 757-0700 or toll free at (855) 280-7362 (SENB).
Daniel P. Daly
President and Chief Executive Officer